Chester Square Neighbors
Agenda for Wednesday, June 5, 2019 at 7pm
Hampton House, 155 Northampton St
- May meeting minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Friends of Chester Park Spring cleanup and planting: May 19th @ 9 am
- 2019 stoop parties (guide for hosts and calendar to sign up) HH July 10?
- New initiative for project notifications: Request / require developers to post info on project site.
- New Boston Ventures presentation re: 566 Columbus Ave/USES
- CSN brand
- We strengthen relationships between neighbors, increase trust and mutual support.
- We are called South End, Roxbury, and sometimes both (bisected by Mass Ave)
- Our residents are as diverse as any in the city and our bylaws are inclusive (all who live or work here are welcome to participate fully).
- 85-90% of our neighbors are tenants; most of our voting attendance is home owners.
- Outreach – Most communications are by email to those who have signed up. Can we do more to make ourselves known? More stoop parties? More door-hangers?
- Decals for front doors? Other ideas?
- Parklet in parking space? PARK(ing) Day 2019, Friday, Sept 20
- Trees ($10k Alexandra mitigation), inventory with Speak for the Trees
- Shawmut Ave festival
- Melnea Cass Boulevard
Next Chester Square Neighbors’ Meetings: Wednesdays, August 7, Sept 4