Chester Square Neighbors
Agenda for Wednesday, Aug 7, 2019 at 7pm
Hampton House, 155 Northampton St
- June meeting minutes
- Treasurer’s Report
- Friends of Chester Park
– report on the fundraising and plantings effort
– Movie night at the park in September
– Planning for Fall cleanup and plantings
– repair requests to submit to Parks Department
- Presentation: 784 Tremont St – an LLC proposes zoning change to include “lodging house”, thereby allowing use for nightly rentals with no on-site management/hospitality.
– Stoop parties
– September move-in campaign: stoop parties, door-hangers, decals, etc.
– August 27, 9:30 am, Zoning Board of Appeal, Hearing Room 801, Boston City Hall: Another LLC requests seven zoning variances in order to subdivide the property at 527 Mass Ave and add a new building, with twice as much floor space as existing buildings in the Northampton St row. The proposed building would have both front and rear decks.
- Melnea Cass Boulevard reconstruction – inadequate response to safety issues and destruction of tree canopy. See Friends of Melnea Cass Boulevard’s Facebook page to review project info and sign petition.
- Shawmut Ave Community Day – Shawmut Ave from Lenox to Kendall will be closed for street play Saturday August 17, 12n-3pm. Volunteers needed for dunking booth, bike rodeo, and more.
Next Chester Square Neighbors’ Meetings: Wednesdays, Sept 4, Oct 2