- NU class data visualization – see the Mass Ave corridor: parking, public transportation, traffic, business, buildings/infrastructure, 2020 Census results, ecology, and public safety (created for the Mass Ave Coalition, under Northeastern University’s Community Service Program – Prof Michelle Borkin will lead the presentation. Neighbors from Worcester Sq NA and Claremont NA are invited to join us)
- Election of leadership for 2022 – the following have been nominated for president, vice-president, secretary, Treasurer and On-line Coordinator: Carol Blair, Sara Mitchell, Kelsey Schiller, Teo Georgiev, Alyssa Faria
- Notes from December’s meeting
- Treasurer’s report
• Holiday greeting from CSN to every door
• Ebenezer Church repurposing (letter to ZBA, hearing deferred to Feb 8)
Nominations for 2022 leadership team – president – Carol Blair, VP – Sara Mitchell, secretary – Kelsey Schiller, treasurer – Teo Giorgiev, online organizer – Alyssa Faria, events team –
- November – Election Day Nov 3, Fall clean-up Nov 20
- December – distributing season’s greetings to doorknobs
- January – NU data visualization project for Mass Ave Coalition will present to our January 5 Zoom. Neighbors from Worcester Sq NA and Claremont NA will be invited to join us.
- ZBA online hearing Dec 14 (letters & testimony invited)
- Memo to articulate current neighborhood perspective (your feedback will inform CSN letter to ZBA)
- Alexandra Hotel -On October 14, BPDA approved the restoration the Hotel Alexandra façade, and construction of 13 stories, including residential, ground floor restaurant and café space, and rooftop bar/restaurant.
- Tremont St safety improvements have begun
- Enchanted Trolley Tour at Blackstone Sq, Sat, Dec 4, 5:30pm
- Avoiding snowstorm tickets – be sure to find safe parking and clear snow from all sidewalks (Special thanks to those who must clear on two streets)
9am to 1pm, in several waves – what a crew!
We are so grateful to Jim, Lloyd, Michelle, Neil, Barbara, Alessandra, Liam, Emily, Mark, Kelsey, Zach, Dana, Teo, Bob, Henry, Jackie, Will, Sara, Rudy, Clancy, Adelle, Witt, Penelope, Zeke and more, who brought tools and tasty treats, partnered to bag up the leaves from our mighty trees, shared information on neighborhood issues, and found new friends. Thanks, also, to the City (mayors’ office, public works and parks), Victory House, Historic South End Apartments, Friends of Chester Park, and Springfield St Garden.