May Meeting Agenda
Chester Square Neighbors
Agenda for Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at 7pm
Hampton House, 155 Northampton St
2. April meeting minutes
3. Treasurer’s Report
4. 2019 stoop parties (guide for hosts and calendar to sign up)
5. Important that neighbors attend Monday April 29 public meetings to support or oppose these projects and make specific comments. At May 1 meeting, we can also take group position.
• 770 Tremont St (4/29 @ 6 pm, South End Library, 685 Tremont)
• 527 Mass Ave / 223 Northampton (4/29 @ 7 pm, South End Library, 685 Tremont)
6. Northeastern University’s PhD data visualization team has prepared many interactive charts and graphs to give insights for our park and our neighborhood: http://www.ccs.neu.edu/home/gmalik/FCS/ One item sticks out for me: most of our neighbors (85-90%) are tenants – renters. Does this suggest a new urgency for engaging more neighbors?
7. Outreach Strategies – CSN strengthens relationships between neighbors and increases mutual trust and support. We aim to be inclusive; but we’re far more homogeneous than our racially and economically diverse and culturally rich neighborhood. What can we do to draw the attention and talents of those who do not currently participate? Could we install physical markers in the neighborhood? Can we do more with stoop parties? Other ideas?
8. Proposal to rebuild Long Island Bridge (connecting to comprehensive long-term recovery campus) public hearing: Tuesday, May 7th at 7pm at 440 East Squantum St, Quincy MA 02171. Public comment in support is critical for Boston to receive permits for bridge. Information: https://www.boston.gov/long-island