Hampton House: 155 Northhampton St
Meeting Minutes: Miren
7:04pm Meeting opened by Bud and introductions.
Last meeting’s minutes were reviewed and approved at 7:06pm.
Treasurer’s Report: Sara
- Current budget: $3,370.62
- Sara would like to have 3 committee members to assist in drafting a fundraising letter, with the objective of beautifying/lighting the park, as well as events for the whole year.
- This will be put on the agenda for next month’s meeting
Boston Shines April 30th
- Bud will talk/email Sam Chambers re: mulch and will know how much mulch is needed, and how much mulch will be available to us
- Miren: will handle getting wheelbarrows (preferably two)
- We will do flyers that mention FB and website
- Start time will be 10am. VH clients will be available to help starting at 9am
- Nothing new, down to 5 contenders/potential buyers from 52
Mass Ave/Shawmut Store Vacancy
- What do we want to see there?
- Coffee shop, ice cream/frozen yogurt place
- Something that adds to the community
- Randi has requested that this be moved to May’s agenda
- As an aside: Sara would like to have owners of Tropical Foods to come to a CSANA meeting and share how we can support them
- waiting on info from Sam Chambers
Ideas for Beautification, Activities and Safety in Chester Park
- It was suggested to look into a 3 month lighting opportunity in park (like in Franklin Park)
- Idea is to light trees 2/3 way up
- This could be done to trees around the fountain or all trees
- Both sides of park will support lights, as well as flood lights that will not shine into residences
- Idea will be to Increase safety and decrease drug use in area as well as beautification
- Likely will need a “partner” to sponsor Chester Park to make this happen (going back to Sara’s request for a fundraising committee)
- Wesley suggested approaching art schools in area about doing an installment
- Overall everyone agreed that the following needed to be determined:
- What do we want
- Who to partner with
- What do we prioritize
- As a result the following was decided:
- Subcommittee: Bud, Mark, Wesley, Sam
- Prioritize working on planters first
- Mark has done inventory on dead and missing trees and will send to Boston Parks Dept to be rectified
- Daffodils on median: Done by Mark
- There was a motion by Sara to determine how much money CSANA would spend. It was agreed this would be discussed again next month after inventory of supplies is completed.
South End Forum
- At most recent meeting there was a discussion about traffic, Bud communicated that Mass Ave has worst traffic in the South End.
- There was a digital speedometer recently installed on Mass Ave on odd side of the park.
- Wesley has volunteered to help
- Julian paid domain fees and will need to be reimbursed
Next Meeting: Wednesday 5/4/16 Hampton House @7pm