July 1, 2020 at 7pm (6:45 Zoom practice/social)
- Introductions – You will be invited to share your name, where you live, and a recent observation about Chester Park, our streets, or our sidewalks
- Notes from June meeting (to be emailed before meeting)
- Treasurer’s Report
- September & November elections
- Facebook group to connect those who want to play a small part in big change
- South End / Lower Roxbury Neighborhood Network (mutual aid) – produce distributions 6/19 & 6/26
- Mass Ave Coalition – proposal for NU School of Public Policy submission 6/30
Next Chester Square Neighbors’ Meeting: Wednesday, Aug 5
Chester Square Neighbors Agenda
June 3, 2020 at 7pm (6:45 Zoom practice/social)
- Introductions – You will be invited to share your name, where you live, and where you go when you need a change of scenery, fresh air, …
- Notes from April 1 & May 6 meetings (emailed ahead of meeting)
- Treasurer Report
- Clean & safe public spaces – Chester Park & more
- Friends of Chester Park concept for areas within park
- Branding the park to welcome all and raise expectations for those who use it
- How can we connect those want to play a small part in a big change (Facebook, google form, …)?
- Opportunities: stash a piece of trash, say hello to someone in the park, call 311 or 911 if something needs the City’s attention, photograph beauty, pluck a weed, volunteer with Friends of Chester Park, or maybe just thank someone who’s doing one of these things.
- South End / Lower Roxbury Neighborhood Network (mutual aid)
- voter registration
Next Chester Square Neighbors’ Meetings: Wednesdays, July 1 & Aug 5
1. Introductions – You will be invited to share your name, where you live, and how Northeastern University shows up in your life or community
2. Chester Square Neighbors – bridging Mass Ave, recent projects with NU classes
3. Northeastern University – John Tobin, Kathy Spiegelman
4. Potential for collaboration – can CSN & NU lead neighbors and institutions along Mass Ave to transform Mass Ave from divider to connector?
5. Notes from April 1 Meeting (emailed ahead of meeting)
6. Treasurer Report
7. April 18 Zoom training & happy hour
8. South End / Lower Roxbury Neighborhood Network (mutual aid)
9. Next up
• More Zoom socials? (kids, pets, advocacy, scavenger hunt)
• Campaign to support voter registration & turnout?
• “safe” clean-up?
• Chester Park – lists of tasks that can be done independently?
10. Update: If you are concerned about activity at the following properties, please call
• League Women for Community Service (558 Mass Ave) – President Leah Randolph, 617-905-8176
• Historic South End Apts/TCB – Longwood Security 617-436-4600
Next Meetings: Wednesdays, June 3 & July 1?
In this very stressful time, we hope you’ll check in with your neighbors in teleconference!
Find free/easy download at Zoom.com;
Then watch your email for invitation/link to join meeting.
Agenda for Chester Square Neighbors – April 1, 2020
Online – Zoom at 7 pm
1. How this meeting will work (with Zoom)
3. Review of March meeting notes (sent separately by email)
4. Treasurers report
5. Mutual aid project – connecting neighbors
6. Friends of Chester Park
8. Update: Melnea Cass Boulevard reconstruction approved: 5 years, $33M
Next meeting May 6