Sara Mitchell chaired the meeting. Seven residents attended.
Lloyd Fillion and Sandra Alvarado, reported on Executive Committee initiatives:
• We will post an agenda on website a week before the general meeting.
• Alternate meeting locations are being explored (inside CSANA boundary).
• Areas of Interest for the Coming Year:
-to preserve and improve our neighborhood environment (attractive, healthy surroundings) and
-to build community (mutual support & protection)
• We are communicating with city officials in an attempt to schedule street-cleaning and trash collections to work together to minimize litter.
• Wanting to keep sidewalks clear for pedestrians, we ask that residents and property owners store trash and recycling containers between collection days. An information brochure for new residents is in the works, providing info on trash disposal, parking, CSANA, etc.
• Carol Blair and Lloyd Fillion were authorized to review suggestions, survey the neighborhood, and submit a request to the City suggesting locations for tree planting.
• Mark Carrig was authorized to inquire of Parks and Recreation about trimming back the holly in Chester Park near the fountain.
• Sandra Alvarado, Jim O’Donnell, and Carol Blair were asked to plan a clean-up and Arbor Day celebration for Saturday, April 27. Contact Carol Blair @ 617-266-6807 with your ideas and help.
Meeting voted to provide a letter for the Boston Real Estate Collaborative, represented at the meeting by our neighbor Will Avanessian in support of their application for a historical preservation award for renovation of the Calvin Swallow Residence at 784 Tremont St.
• A Feb 21 seminar by the City will inform landlords about new rental ordinances with respect to registration and inspections. More info at http://www.cityofboston.gov/isd/
• South End Apartments, which owns many buildings in the Chester area, will begin a total renovation in September 2013.
• Additional items suggested for next meeting: Parking, Fundraiser